Saturday, June 2, 2007

Wilson is coming home today

Of course it is about a million degrees out right now so I'm going to wait until it cools off this evening before lugging him home. He's a 14lb (6.3kg) bundle of love, you know.

I'm a believer in wet-food-only diets for cats, and believe that low-carb is best for diabetic cats, so I ran out to the supermarket and bought some cheapo low carb foods for right now until I settle on a good higher-quality-yet-affordable brand. Sometimes petfooddirect.com has coupons for 20% off and that 20% usually covers shipping costs, so I try to stock up then. I get my carb info from statistician Janet & Binky's food charts. The complicating factor, of course, is the freaking pet food recall which seems to cover just about everything... I'm researching prices vs. quality + carb content now...

No comments: