Friday, June 1, 2007

Tonight's Update

The vet today says he may be able to come home tomorrow. Unfortunately, he had trace ketones in his urine this morning so they want to make sure they have him reasonably controlled on the lantus before releasing him. I just spoke to one of my coworkers and she said that he's becoming something of a naughty cat, fussing and kicking at them when they try to pill him. Can't really blame the guy ... But other than his forceful objections to being medicated, he has been calm and easygoing. I do feel somewhat bad for him in that he must feel so lost--a week in the hospital, getting prodded and poked and feeling miserable, and then not having a familiar home to go to afterward. I wish I could let him know somehow that this is just the beginning of a new luxurious life, and everything will soon be familiar and comfortable again.

I miss him, I'll definitely visit tomorrow!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Jess-are they still giving the R boosters I hope.
We are such suckers for brown tabbies.
Hugs
Robin

Adrianne said...

The comments are moderated, meaning that I have to press a button to publish them, it's not automatic. Just don't want any spam or anything :)

Unknown said...

I am a brown Tabby fan too. I hope you get to bring him home soon. If anyone can get him healthy it will be you.