Monday, June 4, 2007

Shooting early

I worked during the day on Sunday (I got him Saturday night) and he had been on an 8am-8pm schedule anyway so that's what I did yesterday. This morning I got up and shot at 7:30am since I was supposed to work during the day today but at the very last minute things were changed around and I don't have to leave to go in until 3pm. So, I can either not shoot till 1am, when I'll get home, or I can test and shoot at 3pm. Because of his recent DKA I'm not comfortable letting it slide till 1am. But because I don't really know him I'm a little uncomfortable shooting 4-5hrs early.

Soooo, my thought is that I will shoot a reduced dose, maybe one unit, at 3pm and then test and probably shoot another unit at 1am. I'll leave a good amt of canned food out for him in case he gets hungry/low, and I'll leave out the hypo instructions just-in-case, although I don't seriously think there is a risk there.

BG @ 3pm, before I left, was 146. Gave 1 unit Lantus.

1 comment:

Venita said...

Good to see Wilson's new Blog, Adriann!! It looks great. What a cutie Wilson is. Any "at home" pictures?