Sunday, September 30, 2007

Depressing

I have been thinking about posting for the past few days but the whole situation over here has me feeling pretty down. Wilson is very unhappy here and I don't see any way to change things for the better. He does NOT like to live with dogs, he does NOT like the coming and going of new cats all the time (I do cat rescue). He's stressed, unhappy, tense, and I don't see any way to remedy this since he is not exactly an adoptable cat.

He's definitely dog aggressive and will actually burst out from under a chair, or jump up from the couch, etc., just to run after the dog and slash at his rear legs. The dog gives him a wide berth but Wilson is constantly on the offensive. This isn't cool for all of the obvious reasons but topping it off is the fact that my dog is getting older and was recently diagnosed with liver failure. Awesome, right? After Wilson gets all hot and bothered about the existence of the dog, he will occasionally pick a smack-fight with one of the other cats. There are two other cats that live here, and I have one extra right now who is looking for a home. Wilson is aggressive towards this extra cat as well.

So what to do? Try to find a home for a grumpy (but often loving) diabetic cat....

No comments: